Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Clean/Dirty

Clean or Dirty? That is the question. To what am I referring? A dishwasher of course. I realized today how grateful I am for my dishwasher. Having grown up without one I can truly appreciate having one. Not just because it washes my dishes for me. But, because of the memories that are with it.
Now think to yourself, what memories can a dishwasher hold. You might remember all the endless loading and unloading. Or trying to precariously fit as much into it to justify running it.

I on the other hand was reminded today how precious it is when your little ones crawl over to the open door and discover they can pull themselves up.Soon following the standing comes the inevitable sitting on the door and crawling in. And helping unload it as your loading it. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.


This dishwasher has gone through all 4 of the kids standing, climbing, sitting, crawling, and helping.
If it had feelings I think it would my love my kids as much as I do.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Aww, that's really cute!

mom said...

We did have that old green one that you had to roll up to the sink, remember?
I give your DW alot of credit for surviving 4 kids.
Enjoyed your thoughts about it tho.