Tonight as I came home from some late, late night shopping my thoughts got pulled out of the clouds when something caught my attention out the corner of my eye. I slowed down and watched 2 deer cross in front of me and head into the park. I thought to myself, "Huh, that was cool."
Then as turned the corner to go around to my garage there stood 4 more deer. They were just wandering around without a care in the world. And my head lights didn't even seem to phase them. I thought once again to myself, "Boy, there are deer everywhere tonight."
I then came around to pull into the driveway and as my lights hit the garage, there stood 2 more deer. They did however pick up their speed a little when they saw me.
Sometimes I take for granted the beautiful area I live in. I'm surrounded by mountains and different animals are abundant here. During several of my walks I've seen deer. I've even been so lucky as to have a fox cross the running path in front of me. Another time my friend Emma and I saw a Bald Eagle perched on a fence post.
Antelope are often seen around here. Especially along the side of the road. Not dead!
Another animal we have here in our mountains are cougars. Thankfully, I haven't run into one of those. But, they've been spotted on the golf course and that's where the walking trail is. Someone was even lucky enough to snap a picture of a mountain lion in their window well. Can you imagine playing in the basement and seeing that staring back at you. No thank you.
Tonight I'm thankful for all of God's creatures big and small.
Actually, I just hope this post makes sense. It's 1:00am and I'm beyond exhausted. I told you it was a late, late night shopping. Maybe I should be thankful to Walmart for being open 24hrs. lol
5 comments:
Hard to believe as populated as the Ranches are that you'd see that much wildlife. Deer I could handle-wilder animals, not so much.
It's especially fun when the kids are around to see the wildlife.
Kate, I love you little fox family you had. I wish you would have seen a bear. That would have been awesome.
Late night shopping; you don't need to be thankful to WalMart. They are glad to take your money 24/7. There does seem to be more deer everywhere. I see them on the east side pn Colorado Ave., and on Kolbe Road out by the church. Speeking of church, Yesterday I took Your Grandfather to the emergency room to find out that he had a broken wrist bone; and there were about Thirty wild turkeys in the church driveway.
Dad, Christmas dinner!!
Post a Comment