In true Xander fashion he came home from school and as soon as he steps in the door he drops him coat and backpack. I constantly ask him to please hang his coat and backpack up. Well, he was playing around throwing his coat up in the air over and over again. Just as I turn to tell him to knock it off, he literally knocked it off. His coat went flying right into my Nativity scene. It flew into my Angel and her head went flying. I froze in place as he began crying and repeating, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry."
I looked at his red, tear-swollen blue eyes and a peaceful feeling came over me. I realized that my son and his feelings were more important than any silly angel. I scooped him up in a loving, motherly embrace and poured my heart out to him. Explaining to him that he was the most important thing to me. I knew it was an accident and that no matter what I loved him. He was more special to me that something that sits on shelf collecting dust. Things may break, but my love for him would never change.
When he was done crying, we picked up the headless angel and looked over the damage. I told him, "I think we can fix this." He smiled his big freckled cheek smile and together we repaired the broken angel.
I reflect on this experience and compare it to my Savior's love for me. No matter what I do or the choices I make my Heavenly Father still loves me. He's there to help me feel his loving embrace and when it's time, when I'm comforted, together we can fix this.
3 comments:
What would we do without unconditional love? Especially from our Savior. Glad you could look past the moment. That's not always easy.
I'm glad you were able to fix the angel. What a sweet learning moment, for both of you.
Good job on fixing the little angels - the one with wings and the one without.
Post a Comment