Monday, December 20, 2010

My Manly Man

Tyler has many many many wonderful qualities about him. I love the man that he is. And the wonderful father he is. He truly completes me. Right now, I am going to focus on one of his many talents that others might not realize he has. But, if you've been around you know how good this talent is.
Ty is an amazing cook. If you've been privileged to taste anything he's made you'll know what I'm talking about. He gets very creative in the kitchen. He'll decide he wants to try something new and before you know it he's whipped up something from scratch by just throwing a bunch of ingredients together. The only downfall to this is when we ask him to make it again sometimes he has a hard time remembering what ingredients he used. So he experiments again. He's gotten a little better at writing the recipe down.
I tease him that he could never go on Iron Chef though. Not because his food isn't good, but because sometimes it takes him forever to complete a dish. And one of the big criteria for Iron Chef is keeping your work station clean. He's no so good at this. He uses so many bowls, spoons, pan etc. I guess the trade off to him cooking so much is I clean it up. I reap the reward of a delicious dish or dessert. The least I can do is help clean it up. If he had to do it all, he might not cook as often.
Next time your around, request something and he'll probably whip it up.




Ty making homemade bread sticks to go with our homemade pizzas. He did the dough himself and made up his own spices for the bread sticks. Even the pizza sauce is from scratch.
Pepperoni pizza






And yummy Chicken Alfredo pizza.






I love Tyler for so many reason's and this is just one of them.
 Plus, how hot is he with a ponytail.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Wow, that is talent! His food looks YUMMY! That is something to be truly grateful for because my hubby does not cook nor does he want to AT ALL!

Kate said...

I was sad this year that he wasn't making our Thanksgiving turkey. He looks all Will Turner with that pony tail!

Keri said...

Kate, I call him Will Turner all the time. He looks good with it. Someday he'll decide to cut his hair until then I'm not gonna let it bother me one bit. Except when he wakes up with prettier hair than me. lol

mom said...

Now why is it that he spent almost 2 weeks here this summer and never cooked/baked for his fav MIL? Wait till next time. He won't get off so easy.

Dad said...

I think that it is great that he cooks like he does. If you like to eat, then it is only natural that you like to cook. Who, on the hill, is Will? Turner? Is that the boy from the "Pirates of the Caribbean"? Why not compare Tyler to the boy from the "Princess Bride"?