I think we're going to start a new tradition this year. Everyone leaves cookies for Santa. I know he'll have an abundance at my sister's house. I too mentioned to my kids that we need to make cookies to leave out for Santa. Dawson, being the clever little kid that he is instantly pipes up, "We don't need to make cookies, let's leave Santa a bowl of cereal."
Now that sounded like a good idea.
My other children didn't agree. Kenzie brought up the idea that the cereal would be soggy by the time Santa got here. I told them we could leave the milk in a glass. Then she said, "But it would be warm." I told her I'd leave it in the fridge. She then was worried if Santa could get it. To which I replied, "If he can break into my house to leave presents, then he can open my fridge to get milk." Xander bursts into laughter and says, "then we can call the police and catch Santa." To which Dawson replies, "No, I love Santa cause Jesus says to love everyone."
So I guess at this point we are still up in the air whether to do cookies or cereal.
I guess time or lack of time will tell.
One thing I do know for sure is that there is never a shortage of time to remember those we love and to make the most of every moment we have been blessed with.
2 comments:
Santa needs cookies. He has to keep up his energy and also maintain that jolly ole elf shape.
He won't be stopping at my house and I still have lots of cookies. I should send you some. Oh right- little late. I know how fast you can whip up choc chip ones. Go for it. Not Christmas eve without cookies for Santa.
Post a Comment