Sunday, November 28, 2010

Quiet time.

I was drawing a blank as to what I was thankful for today when it occurred to me that today I am thankful for down time. Today has been a very relaxing Sabbath.
I cuddled with Dawson on the couch. And got a quick cat nap in. Xander decided he finally wanted a hair cut. So he is sporting a fresh buzz cut. Kenzie played with Sawyer and had him giggling a lot.
I had a great conversation with mom. I made yummy cookies. I got lots of cuddles from Sawyer. Tyler carried Sawyer to bed because he fell asleep cuddled on my chest. I am so grateful I cuddle babies. How could I not with these curves. hahaha.
So today, I am thankful for the day of rest.

2 comments:

mom said...

The Sabbath is my fav day of the week. I love how I feel while there and then when I bring those feelings home with me. Makes the cold feet I always have on Sundays worth it.
I enjoyed our talk, too. Would have liked a fresh out of the oven cookie to go along with it.

Kate said...

I'm not loving our 8:30 church time b/c it leaves us with too much day left. That much resting leads to boredom.