Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Highs

Can you believe Halloween has come and gone. That means  Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. CRAZY!
As a slacker mom I completely forgot to take pics of my kids dressed up. Whats up with that. For inquiring minds who want to know, Kenzie was a vampire, Xander an army man, Dawson was a firefighter again and again. 3rd yr now. And he chose it, it wasn't forced. :) And little man Sawyer was a care bear. Thanks aunt Missy. He was Grumpy Bear. It didn't really fit his personality, but he was sure cute.
My kids got to dress up 3 times this year and ya know, after doing this over and over I was ready for Halloween to be done. We had our ward party which was a blast. Not just cause I was in charge. (wink, wink) Then the kids had school dress-up parade and parties. Following that we went straight to Ty's work for his work trick-or-treat. The kids always score big on the candy there. And this year was no different. And of course then there was the actual trick-or treating. Being here in good ol' Utah we trick-or-treated on Saturday. I loved it cause, it poured. So I thought for sure my kids wouldn't want to go out. WRONG! It calmed down just enough for my kids to get excited and convince daddy they needed to go out and add to their candy haul. I love living where we live cause I stood by the door and watched my kids run up the street to all the neighbors and then back home for instructions of where they could next alone. Finally they had all the 'alone' areas done so Ty went out with them and I stayed home with a sleeping baby and passed out candy.
Here are some pics of our fun times.




Xander at his school costume parade.

Kenzie at her costume parade





 I found the down part of 3 kids trick-or treating. Too much candy!

I told Kenz she'd get a tummy ache if she ate all that candy. And this was the face she pulled.
Dawson and his beloved Peanut Butter Cup.







Sawyer got in on the candy action.
Yummy wrappers.

5 comments:

Missy said...

Send some of that candy my way, I have a pinata to fill next weekend.

Dad said...

Send some candy my way too. Mine is not a pinata that I want to fill.

Kate said...

Holy candy!

mom said...

What a haul! You should have just passed some of it back out and saved the money you used to buy your pass out candy.
Looks like they all had fun.

Keri said...

mom, we did pass some of it back out. That's what was left.