Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Tyler

My wonderful, amazing, sweet, caring, generous, handsome,brilliant husband's birthday was this past week. He turned a whopping 35 this year. He commented that he was so old and I graciously agreed. hahaha. I have a theory that your only as old as you act. Just look at half the members of the Bruderer family. Dad, Grandpa, Ron, Dave, etc.....
We had enchiladas for dinner and I made Ty a special 'cake' themed just for him. He loves Lemonade and I ran with it and made him these lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting.


First I emptied, washed, and cut lemonade cans in half. I also cut the label off the top half and hot glued it onto the bottom half.
Then I placed the cupcakes inside.
 I took the wrappers of so the cupcakes could be eaten right out of the can




Swirled some lemon frosting on top. Added a raspberry and a straw for decoration. And tada. A cute lemonade smoothie.
Happy birthday Ty. I love you!

3 comments:

mom said...

I think your sis's baking talents are rubbing off. What a creative idea. They look really neat. Bet Ty enjoyed your efforts.

Kate said...

They turned out adorable!

Jen H. said...

Great job, and I bet they tasted yummy! I LOVE lemon cake, one of my faves!