Our Young Women lesson today was on gratitude. The girls were challenged with keeping a daily journal of things they are grateful for. Elder Erying gave a talk on "Attitude of Gratitude" and in his talk he spoke of a journal he kept where he recorded in it daily the small and simple things he sometimes over looked. He was amazed at the numerous ways he was being blessed and for the little things he took for granted. Like Pres. Eyring, the girls were to focus on the little things that they might otherwise look over. This will help them to be grateful for the simplest of things. And recognize their own blessings.
I decided to take the challenge on myself. And what better way than to record my experience in my blog. So, from now till Christmas, I'll keep a daily blog of the things I'm grateful for. I realize some of the challenges I might face are finding that little ray of light during some dark days. But, I know my life is full of blessings.And it's the little blessings that get overlooked. Some days I'll have several things to be grateful for and they might be big. And other days, I'll find the simplest of things to be thankful for.
I'm excited to begin this experience and for the way my eyes will be opened to my Heavenly Father's blessings.
So for today, I am extremely grateful for family. And for the eternal family we are. I am thankful for my wonderful husband and for his worthiness to take me to the temple and be sealed to me for all time and eternity. I am also thankful for my 4 children who were born sealed to us for eternity. I am thankful for the knowledge of eternal families. And speaking of family, what better way to kick it off than with the birth of my newest nephew. My brother Daniel and his wife Jessica welcomed their first born to the world today. At 7:30 this evening he was born weighing in at 8lbs 3oz. And with beautiful red hair. Welcome to our family little man. This also makes me very grateful to be an Aunt to such wonderful nieces and nephews. I love you, Calin, Trinity, Nayia, Gavin, Ivan, and little Bruderer.
4 comments:
What a good idea and challenge. Good luck with it. i'd love to have a copy of that pic. good looking family.
They all love you too. (ps. NaIya)
Cute idea! And I agree, I love my awesome nieces and nephews!
Aww! You took my challenge. I hope the girls are doing it too. I hope that you stick to it, you will see a difference. (But you are already such a positive person)
Post a Comment