As Jen and I brainstormed ideas, I threw out the idea of rock-n-roll. When I think of Whitney, I think rocker and parties. And that's the idea that stuck. Whitney wanted the colors to be black and white and blue. That's all she cared about, so the rest was up to us.
This is the idea that was conceived.
The focal point in the living room.
Rock-n-roll guitar cupcakes made by Jen.
Decorations for a future Rock Star.
Dessert table.
Chocolate dipped marshmallows and pretzels.
Rockin' donut pops.
The goody zebra boxes contained a 'Baby Ruth' candy bar.
The mommy's last name is Ruth.
An 'Almond Joy' because babies bring joy.
And few blue baby shaped soaps.
(I'm getting really good at making soap)
We played a baby themed memory game.
Under each number was a baby related word or phrase. Each word or phrase was a clue to a coordinating candy bar.
Such as;
What you hope the doctor doesn't have. Answer: Butterfingers.
Triplets = 3 Musketeers
Fat Baby = Chunky
Conception = Skor
Umbilical Cord = Twizzlers
Baby giggles = Snickers
College Fund = 100 Grand
Hospital Address = 5th Avenue
And other very clever answers.
Here are a few other close-up pictures.
Chocolate Guitars on an air brushed blue frosted cupcake.
I am so excited for Tara and Whitney. I joked with Tara that I can't believe one of my best-friends is a grandma. What's even more crazy is calling a 5 year old Aunt Kaydee. It's such an exciting time and I can't wait to meet Future Rock-Star Camden.
2 comments:
So fun, Keri! You did a great job! I played that memory game at the last shower I went to, love the coordinating candy bars!
Creativity definitely skipped a generation and you girls got it all.
Post a Comment