Now I know that what makes me happy might seem ridiculous to someone else. That's why we're all different and entitled to our own emotions.
Most of my pictures are of my children, of course. They are my whole life. As a stay at home mom I am constantly blessed with the honor of seeing my little ones strive for something and accomplish it. I get to hear their beautiful laughter that is like music to my ears. I see their struggles and pain. What a blessing it is to me that I am the one that gets to give them comfort and love.
These precious angel faces of mine are my greatest artwork. They stir more emotion in me than anything else on this planet. As I look at them daily I'm filled with happiness, sadness, giddiness, pain, love, compassion, determination, and charity.
Yes, my children make me want to be the best mother I can be. I want show them what it feels like to feel the pure love Christ in their lives. I have been given these spirits as a gift from my Father in Heaven. And He expects them back someday. I better not let Him down.
Now granted no one is perfect at this. I sure have my share of grumpy days. Days where patience is in short supply, but the demand is high. Days when you lock yourself in the bathroom hoping for a few stolen minutes of alone time. The alone time usually results in tiny fingers sticking in from under the door calling for "momma, momma." Yet, for some reason the tiny hands reaching out, trying to find me, makes my heart smile. By smile I mean, I feel a warm burning inside that makes me smile and fills me with love.
I know that being a mother has many hard times. We loose our temper. We get upset over disobedience. We even cry over spilt milk. Because, let's face it. Someone always spills as soon you've mopped or on one of those days when the supply of patience is short. Just like there are the bad days. There are plenty of wonderful memorable days too. Even the bad days are filled with wonderful moments. We just have to find the good mixed in with the bad.
Be 'Pollyanna' and play the glad game. I guarantee you'll find something to be glad about. Try it I dare you.
Reflect on your life and all the decisions you've made. Do all your decisions make your Heavenly Father happy? NO!
Is it what He would want for you? Maybe Not!
But, does He still love you? Absolutely!
That's exactly how a mother feels about her children. No, we may not like our children's decisions. No, they don't always choose what we think it is best. Some times their choices have great consequences. But, we love them unconditionally.
Our Heavenly Father sits back lets us make our decisions. He hopes that we will choose wisely. But, when we don't, He never makes us feels worse about ourselves. He doesn't boast about being right and how we're wrong. He fills us with His love. He gives us comfort and peace. He's given us a way to correct our wrong choices.
As a parent I have found that sometimes my children do choose the hard way. When they do it's up to me on how I react. Do I make them feel loved? Do I encourage them and make the hurt go away? Or do rub it in that I was right and they should have listened? Do I wrap my arms around them and show unconditional Christ-like love?
I hope that just as my children make my heart happy, I make my Heavenly Father's heart happy.
I hope that when my time is done here, I can look through the photo album of my life and be filled with several good emotions. I'll even settle for some not so good feelings. It's through those trials and challenges that I discovered who I am. Hard times are given to us to make us stronger and to test us. It's how we handle them that makes or breaks us. So I'll take those challenges and put my faith in Him who knows me best and knows what I can handle.
What will your photo album consist of? What emotions will it stir inside you? Start now to find those heart happy moments and treasure them always.
My heart is smiling and giggling.
Love.
1 comment:
That's a beautiful post with beautiful thoughts. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment