Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How To Wear the Kids Out In One Day.

We rang in the new year with fun, fun, fun. Ty had Monday off and it was officially declared family fun day. We started our day off with a great pancake breakfast. Yummy for the tummy made by the mummy. Then it was surprise time for the kids. We had them get dressed and brush teeth and off we went.
Wondering where we went? So were the kids. We arrived at the bowling ally to the kid's surprise and delight. For some of them it was their first time bowling. As for mom, it should have been my first time bowling too. Good thing for bumpers.
The kids quickly put their fancy, yet stylish bowling shoes on and picked their own desired ball. Kenz wanted a pink one. Even if it was too heavy. Xander thought the heavier the ball the better because it would show how strong he is. Dawson just wanted one he could lift. And Sawyer didn't care which he got. He just wanted one.
The kids had a blast. It took awhile for the older 2 kids to find their groove but, they got the hand of it. Dawson decided it was easier to put his ball on the little roll rack and push it. That's what Sawyer of course did too. Sawyer ended up taking have my turns for me because he threw a fit when his turn was done.
Ty was the show off. He actually tried to get a good score. I was just trying to keep the game going. We only payed for an hour on the lane. We soon discovered that with 6 of us using it and with moving the roll rack thingy back and forth we were never going to finish the game. Sure enough, a few of us didn't get our last turns. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.






Sawyer loved his first experience bowling.
Xander's shirt matched his ball.





Dawson had a blast.
He proved to have some good skills.

By the end of the game,
 Mackenzie was even lining her feet and ball up with the arrows.

Sawyer watching his ball roll down the lane.
He got a strike!

After bowling we loaded up and headed over to Trafalga for some more fun. It turned into a waiting game. It seemed everyone else in Utah was there that day. We had to wait to get out passes printed out. Then the lines were so long to the mini golf and laser tag we bagged the idea of waiting for one of those games. We decided against it for 2 reasons.
1. Sawyer would never last waiting that long.
2. Kenz had gymnastics to go to.
We decided to just let the kids play in the play area and ride on the little frog bounce ride. Dawson decided he did not like the ride one bit. As he came off the ride he said, "mom, don't ever make me go on that again. It was not fun."
I assured him he would not have to ride it again.
Here are the pics of the kids at Trafalga.

Sawyer looking out and seeing the kids down below him.

Please notice Dawson's excitment.

Now look at Dawson's face.
I about peed myself from laughing so hard.
He really did not like that ride.

Sawyer and Kenz looking out from the play area.


After Trafalga we headed for slushes and to take Kenz to gymnastics. Sawyer was asleep in his car seat by the time we left Trafalga's parking lot. The boys were tired too and when we got home they relaxed and watched a movie.
After I picked Kenzie up from gymnastics she and I weren't quite done with our day. We went shopping together. I got a few more tops and another pair of jeans. Kenz got a new dress and a shirt.
When we were done shopping we grabbed pizza for dinner and we all sat down as a family to watch a movie.
It was a great day. Days like this make me so thankful for the family I have. I am thankful for the precious children I have been blessed with and for an awesome hubby that keeps me sane.

3 comments:

mom said...

What a fun day. Tell Dawson my face would look like that too. Reminds me of why I always hated roller coasters.

Kate said...

Such a fun time! We should go to Trafalga next time I come down, I didn't know anything about it.

becky said...

I am exhausted reading about it. What a fun day.