Monday, March 15, 2010

Whatta Weekend

This weekend started out with a great Friday. I had my regular scheduled doctor appt. And I finally was able to set my induction date. Little Man will officially arrive April 16th, unless he decides to change the date. Which he is more than welcome to.
Also, This same wonderful Friday (the 12th) was my mom's birthday. Mom, I just want you to know how much I love and admire you. You've always been my rock and have supported me through everything. Even if that meant living almost 2 thousand miles apart. I am so blessed to have you as my mother and my children are even more blessed to have you as their grandma. Thank you for always loving me, no matter how big a butt I was being growing-up. I hope you feel you've done well, cause I think I turned out pretty dang good. Now lets hope I don't break my kids too bad.
Also on this day 33 yrs ago this wonderful lady had one wish for her birthday. All she wanted was a hot fudge sundae. Instead, she got me. Lucky lady! She got to go into labor with the most beautiful, sweetest, perfect baby girl. ME!
However, I made her wait until the 13th to meet me. I was a red head. Stubbornness was in my nature.
So onto this past Saturday, it started out like any other Sat. I went and did gymnastic trade. Yes I can still lift those 50lbs mats. And no it doesn't hurt. I'm just building birthin' muscles with all the squats.
When I got home, I helped Ty paint some Cub Scout 'Arrow of Lights'. Then we headed out to Costco and Wal-mart. Everyone needs groceries birthday or not! Also I am happy to say we finally bought the first pack of diapers for this little guy. Now he can poop in style. No more denial, he's really coming soon.
Any hoo, Ty arranged for a sitter to come so we could finally go out. We went to Olive Garden. My fav. All I can say is salad and bread sticks, mmmmmm. After that we went and saw Sherlock Holmes. Loved it!
I managed to sit through the whole movie without needing to pee. Just so you all know. LOL.
Tyler also made me an ice cream cake. It pretty much put to shame the ones that cost almost $30. He crushed 'oreos' for the crust, next came a layer of 'Rocky Road' ice cream. The middle layer was a combo of caramel syrup and chocolate covered waffle cone pieces. (which he crushed and dipped) Yeah be impressed! And the third layer was a layer of 'Cookies n' Cream ice cream. Then he frosted the whole cake with a mixture of whip cream and pudding. Garnishing it on top with 'Oreo' cookies. It was delicious. It had all of my favorite things. The man did good.
And on Sunday, I told Ty all I really wanted was to sleep in. Because it was Stake Conference, I could. And let's just say I wasn't to be seen until after 10:00 that morning when I finally rolled out of bed. Later that night my in-laws invited our family over for dinner to celebrate my birthday. We had yummy roast and potatoes. The kids had a blast running around playing with Laser Tag guns. Honestly I don't know who had more fun, Tyler and grandpa Dave or the kids.
Guess that sums up my birthday weekend. Thanks to all for the birthday wishes. It was a great time. Now let's make it through to next year.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you had a good day! I guess it worked out okay that I didn't call since you were so busy. The cake sounds heavenly, did you take any pics of it?

Dad said...

Happy Birthday to my 'Oldest Daughter'. Love you bunches. It sounds like you had a pretty special cake. 'You go girl'.

mom said...

Thank you for the kind thoughts and words. I love you,too [and you were better than a hot fudge sundae]
I'm glad things turned out good. I knew Ty would make it special. That cake sounds delicious. Will he make me a custom ordered one too?
Did you feel like you were back home w the roast and potatoes dinner? We sure had enough Sun dinners w that menu, didn't we?
By the way, you weren't that bad growing up and your kids will do OK, too. Just love them and let them know it.