So my thought for today is Kindness... Pass it on.
I called the courthouse today to pay that stinkin' fine for 'no seat belt'. Figured I better take care of it before there's a warrant out for me. How cool would that be though. Until I'm caught.
The lady that answered asked if I could hold right away. No prob.
Then she put me on hold 2 more times. Finally the fine was paid and she came back with my confirmation #.
And at the end of our conversation she said to me,"Thank you for being so courteous and happy." It kind of caught me of guard. I said, "well your welcome." She then said, "I don't get alot of positive, happy people during my day. And I appreciate your cheerfulness." Again I said, your welcome and told her that in her profession I guessed she wouldn't come across much happiness. She then said, "I'm going to just remember our conversation to help me get through the rest."
I hope that poor lady, who's just doing her job, gets a break and that more people who call her will show her little kindness. After all, she's not the one that broke the law!
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing your story. That is one of my goals, to show kindness to others. It stemmed from an article that I read from the Ladies Home Journal called "The Politeness Project." It is similar to your story. Here is the link just in case anyone would like to read it.
http://www.lhj.com/relationships/friendships/the-politeness-project/
(If it takes you to a page asking if you want to subscribe, at the bottom there is a place to say no thanks and it will take you to the article)
How nice! Cute story, way to be a Pollyanna. Oh I would love to watch that movie right now....
We have it if you want to barrow it.
Kindness is so much more fun for everyone involved.
Thanks for your thoughts and example. I try to be polite on the phone even to the annoying survey etc people but sometimes they push a little too hard. Glad you made her day. Good job!
Post a Comment