Friday, March 26, 2010

Mardi Gras Meet- 03-26-2010


Kenzie had another gymnastic meet tonight. The meet theme was Mardi Gras Classic. It was held down in Springville at Airtime gymnastics. What can I say about this meet. Every meet has the same routines and the same leotards but, every meet can be unpredictable. The equipment though it may look all the same can be very different. For example, the beam tonight Kenz said was very slippery. She said it was greasy. Go figure. There is usually chalk on the beam to help the gymnast's feet grip the beam better. Some bars have more bounce to them. And some vault mats are too high or too squishy. These little things, we as parents may not notice but make a huge difference to the girls.

Not to mention the judges. The girls have no control over the judges. There is one judge in particular that shows up at all meets and we just know she's a very tough judge. She'll deduct for every little thing. We're talking the fullest deductions possible too. And wouldn't ya know it she was there tonight, judging the bars.

She scores low and deducts often. My friend Emma and I make fun of her by saying

"I might be smiling in your face but, I'm screwing your score."

All I've ever asked of Kenz is to do her best and have fun. That's all I expect of her.


Now onto Kenzie's scores


Vault: 8.7 (Deducted because she took 5 steps running instead of 6)

Bars: 7.85 (She was deducted a point for her hands touching on her landing)

Beam: 8.725

Floor: 9.175


Kenz went from having floor being her lowest scoring event to her highest scoring event. I was the loud, proud momma screaming "Go Kenzie" She jumped up and down as her score flashed on the scoreboard and it flashed a 9.


On her all-around score she earned a 34.45. This earned her a silver medal for her level.


We are so proud of you Mackenzie. Keep trying your hardest and know that we love you. No-matter what the score may be. You're always a perfect 10 in our eyes.

5 comments:

Wheat Family said...

She's gonna go all the way Keri!!

Kate said...

Awesome, go Kenz!

mom said...

Great job, Kenzie. Keep up the good work and keep smiling. Gma loves that smile!

Dad said...

Way to rock the crowds. You did it. You are the bestest ever.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Yay, this is awesome! My Guy is just getting started in gymnastics...oh and I love your family picture!!! Very beautiful! You are such a great Mom!