How could I follow up a post with a thought from Dawson that could even compare to the last diddy he said. It's not hard to do. When you have a kid like Dawson there will always be something bloggable.
So here are a few more to add to the book of Dawson:
Yesterday, "Holy heck mom, you have white teeth. I bet they could glow in the dark."
"Holy heck, that David Hanna is one crazy driver."
(In case you haven't noticed, holy heck is Dawson's go to phrase.)
While making gingerbread houses: "My house needs a chim-in-eeya" Not a typo. He could not say chimney to save his life.
"It's OK we don't have ornaments on the tree. Cause now Sawyer can climb it."
At his cousin's birthday party: "Mom, my next birthday party is going to be the bestest." "Ya wanna know why" "Cause I'll be there."
(He's humble too.)
"Sawyer and I are best-buddies. He wants to be like me so much. Cause he thinks I'm fun."
"I don't have many friends. I can only remember 8. I should get more."
For all my Idaho family:
"Mom, I only know 2 people in Idaho, Aunt Missy and her kid Ivan."
Me- oh really that's all you know?
"Wait a minute, I know Aunt Katie, Calin, Trinity. That's aunt Missy's other kid. (As if I didn't know) Naiya, Uncle Curtis, Eli, Aunt Jess, Aunt Dan, and Aunt Katie's kid with dark hair.
Me- you mean Uncle Darin?
"Oh yea, that's not her kid. It's her husband."
Me- and who is Aunt Dan?
"He's married to Jessica and they have Eli. You know who it is."
Me- Oh and is he your Aunt? Or Uncle?
Laughing hysterically now, "He's my uncle. If he was my Aunt he'd be a girl. Then Jess would be married to a girl and Eli would have two moms."
He quickly turns very sober, looks at me and says, "Mom some people do have 2 moms or 2 dads." I asked him how he knew this and he reply, "I just know stuff."
"Sawyer is really good at finding Christmas presents. He showed me lots of them."
"I know the meaning of Christmas. It's to celebrate Jesus birth and all that he did for us. Not the presents or tree."
He then recalled the story of Jesus birth from the star to the wise men and shepherds.
I was so proud of this last statement. It made my heart happy. And then he followed it with this comment.
"But, I would not be born in a stable with animals around. Cause what if you dropped me poop."
There you have it. Several more thoughts from my dear sweet Dawson. I wish that you all had a couple days to be with him and hear the things I am privledged to hear daily. He definitely is one of a kind. Heavenly Father broke the mold after this boy.
2 comments:
I do wish I was around him more. He's the kind of kid that will keep you wondering every day what he's gonna come up with next. May it only be good things.
I laughed so hard my eyes watered. The Darin part is my favorite. :)
Post a Comment