It turns out that Xander woke Dawson up thinking that Dawson would be as excited about Christmas as he was. Well, Dawson was not excited to see his brother in his bed at 8am. So, due to the fighting they were sent back to bed till Sawyer woke up. As it turns out, that wasn't till 10. That's where our late comes into play. By the time Ty and I got our teeth brushed and other morning essential routines taken care of it was 10:30 before we started opening presents.
Here's the other catch. We only had till 12 to do Christmas because we had to get ready for church at 1. I'm happy to say that we finished our last gifts at 11:50. Christmas mornings take longer when there are 6 of us opening things. And when 1 of us is only 20 months old. We did skip him several times. He was so distracted by the tractor ornament that grandma and grandpa gave him that he didn't seem to notice what was going on.
It was a great Christmas morning for all of us here in the Keith household.
Our Christmas tree and stockings on Christmas morning.
One of the surprises we found that morning was to find ornaments on our tree.
We didn't put them on because:
1. Sawyer is my future baseball player and he throws everything.
2. I thought the lights and bows were pretty enough.
3. I'm just plain lazy and never got around to hauling the totes out.
Opening stockings.
Everyone got "pass of all passes."
It's a pass that gets us into Seven Peaks water park and Trafalga
(a mini golf and go-cart place) all year round.
You'll notice the kids all have camo pj's on. Those were the theme pj's the kids got to open on Christmas Eve. Dawson spilt on his that's why he's in plaid.
Sawyer cuddling with daddy after he opened up a puppy pillow and blanket.
Xander got a new skateboard.
Dawson and Sawyer got in on the skateboard fun.
Kenz reading her tear-jerker of a letter from grandma Bruderer.
I'm glad I didn't have to read it.
Kenzie got the Oobees she wanted.
My bow boy.
Bow Booty
This is no ordinary race track. It's magnetic.
As are the cars. So you can build loops and the cars won't fall off.
Kenzie's Christmas dress.
Guitar playing boy.
Dawson got his elephant. It's a pillow and blanket set.
Here is Sawyer playing with his tractor ornament. He loved it!
Xander got his own chair for playing video games.
Sawyer loves cars and anything he can zoom a car down.
And the last gift of the morning was Tyler's art drawing studio table.
It has a glass top so he can shine a light from on top and under it so he can do his pencil shading better.
This is the present I was so excited to give him.
And he loved it!
2 comments:
What a fun Christmas you had. I love seeing the pic's. Your family is growing up. I love Kenzie's dress. The pic of you and her at the beginning of your blog is just beautiful. Ty and the boys is good too but I especially like you and your young lady.
You were lucky to have church at 1. Mel's kids left their presents unopened to go to church and opened them afterwards. I was impressed they didn't give their parents any grief over waiting.
Gotta ask about Kenzies red hat. She and her cuz had them on in the Christmas eve pic's too. Is that her new fashion statement? Looks cute.
Miss you guys.
Looks like Santa was good to you guys this year. :) We missed you though!
Post a Comment