We were able to go up to Idaho this year and spend the holiday weekend with my family. Missy and Curtis were so accommodating to let my this onslaught of Keith's stay with them for several day.
We headed up on Wednesday and got there in time to get kids in pj's and settled into bed while we adults chatted and relaxed. The next morning Missy and Ty prepped the turkey and shoved it in the oven to bake for the next couple hours. 6 1/2 to be exact. And worth every mouth watering minute.
Kate and Darin joined us for dinner and Dan and Jessica came for dessert and games.
The kids played, ran around, Jumped on the trampoline, rode the 4-wheeler and the 50. Climbed giant dirt hills and jumped down them. Explored the foundation of a new house. Played in the scoop of a giant digger truck and had a blast together.
Friday while the boys stayed home we girls (Missy, Katie, Jess and I) went to a boutique and shopped a little. We all received a free necklace for being one of the first 25 to go in. I also scored a killer deal on a black shrug for Kenz. she needs something to "modistify" a few dresses. And yes. Modistify is a Keri word. I used it often in reference to my YW and their dress and they could make it better. They would modistify it.
We played more games and ate more and more and more.
Saturday afternoon my family headed down to Kate's house in Rexburg so we could visit and the kids could play some more. Kate and I walked up and down her new development and walked through all the new houses under construction. We were curious to see what they looked like. Only in Rexburg would they leave the key to a house in the outlet cover on the front porch.
Later that afternoon, we all headed to Archer to celebrate Eli's first birthday. I can't believe that little man is already 1. After the party Missy's family joined us back at Kate's for dinner. Then we busted out the games while the kids played.
On Sunday we headed off to Missy's ward for church. I was so lucky to be able to help Miss out and sit in with one of their primary classes. I told Missy I wished I could ward hop up to her ward every Sunday. She smiled and informed me I could and then she'd call me to primary. It's a deal!
After church Kate's family joined us 1 more time for lunch and games before we had to head out for our drive home.
I had the most wonderful Thanksgiving. Being able to spend it with 3 of my siblings and their families was priceless. A huge THANK YOU to those angels that made it possible.
I look forward to the day I can spend Thanksgiving with my entire family. SO, mom and dad, Dave and Patricia get your booties out here. We missed you guys.
Here are pics from our fun times in Idaho.
These 2 boys swung on that teeter totter swing for what seemed like forever.
Sawyer loved going down the slide over and over and over again.
Kenzie is such a great big sister.
Xander zippin' around on the 50.
He even attempted some small jumps.
Sawyer wants in on the action too.
He climbed up on the 4-wheeler all by himself and tried steering it.
Uncle Curtis to the rescue. He took Sawyer on a ride.
Really Curtis! Don't encourage her.
Singing a song for mommy.
How cute is he.
Good ol' Curtis brought in the cat and made 2 little boys very happy.
3 comments:
I sure enjoyed all the pic's. Sawyer is looking more like Dawson in a few of them.
I'm glad all of you enjoyed your weekend together. Makes me feel good you kids are not only siblings but friends. Someday all us OH B's will join you.
I'm so glad you came! Holidays are so much awesomer with more family!
It was great having you here. I am glad the weather was good and they got to enjy the outside too.
Did you know Xander drove that 50 so much he ran it out of gas? I think you need to start saving your pennies for one.
Post a Comment