Sunday, February 6, 2011

Priceless Checks.

The other day I went up to bed to find these on my pillow.


Mackenzie had made up these checks for me to cash in whenever I wanted. They were checks for help with laundry, doing her best at a gymnastic meet, doing the dishes, popping her toes, a hug, and 1 free anything I want.
I could tell she put a lot of effort into her little service checks.
I couldn't help but smile at my little girl and her kind heart. She taught me a lesson late that night as I found the checks made out for me.
I realized that my daughter was like our Savior. He gave us a priceless gift when He died for us. His 'check' was the atonement. It's waiting there for us to cash in and use. The atonement is a gift to help us better our lives and to receive a little help to relieve our burdens. Just like my daughters '1 free anything' check. We can use the atonement to get back on the path our loving Father in Heaven has in mind for us.
What a waste it would be of His priceless gift if we were to file it away and never use it. The atonement is meant to be used just like Mackenzie's checks.

3 comments:

Kate said...

What a sweetie! Cash em in, girl!

mom said...

How right you are!

Jen H. said...

What a sweet little girl you have to do little things like that! I love the analogy, I see a future YW lesson coming from this....