Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kenzie turns '9'




I look back at my life 9yrs ago and smile. Here I was 24yrs old awaiting the arrival of my precious daughter. My sweet Mackenzie Marie was born at 5:04pm.

She was absolutely perfect.

Mackenzie is such a joy in our lives. She brings smiles to everyone who meets her. She is a very enthusiastic girl with lots of spirit and spunk. Her spirit drives her to do her best. School comes very natural and easy to her. And it's that same spirit and spunk that drives her to do her best at gymnastics. Again, a talent that has come natural to her since the tender age of 3.

Mackenzie isn't just my first born or my only girl, but she's also my best friend. I love our mommy- daughter dates. It is so fun to go shopping with her or to see a movie together. And it seems all our outings end in ice-cream. It doesn't get any better than chatting over ice-cream with your daughter. Even at 9 Kenzie has so many deep thoughts and worries.

Her heart is so huge and full of love for everyone she comes in contact with.


I love you Mackenzie!

For her birthday this year Kenz wanted to do hula theme. We made hula skirts for all the girls out of garbage bags cut into strips. Each girl also got a lei. We had a limbo contest and parachute games. As a craft/goodie bag the girls each got to decorate a sand bucket. They used puffy paints and foam stickers to decorate with. The buckets turned out very cute and as individual as each girl.
Kenz wanted simple pink cupcakes for her birthday. She wanted them to spell out 'Happy Birthday Mackenzie' I managed to spell out 'Happy Birthday Kenzie' My pan was too short to fit all of Mackenzie. So she settled for Kenzie. They turned out cute though! And how easy for mom.
I learned one thing with this experience. I can do anything 9 months pregnant. Shop, bake, clean, decorate, wrap, and entertain! But, I don't want to do it again pregnant. Now we'll see what I can do for Xander's party with a 1 week old. Bring it on!
Happy Birthday Mackenzie! I love you!!!!

3 comments:

mom said...

Sounds like a wonderful party for a wonderful girl. I wonder if you'll ever do another party 9mo pg, too. [wasn't Ty done with 3? SURPRISE1] Don't we have enough April bdays? Nov too. Time for you guys to give another month a chance.
Do you realize next year you'll actually have a double digit kid. I remember that always being a big deal when you guys were growing up.
It's nice you two have such a good relationship esp with so many boys in the fam. Girls gotta stick together.
Love to my oldest grandchild!

Dad said...

Happy birthday Mackenzie. I hope you have a year of success and lots of fun. Nine on the Ninth, kind of a special birthday.

Kate said...

Happy B-day sweetie! Glad you enjoyed your awesome party!