Friday, April 30, 2010

2 weeks.


Sawyer is officially 2 weeks old now. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. He had his regular scheduled check-up and passed with flying colors. He is now 21 inches long. That's up from 18 1/2. Guess he's gonna be as tall as Dawson. His weight is now 6lbs. 8oz. That's down from his birth weight of 7.5. The doc wasn't too worried but, would like me to bring him back in a week to get his weight checked. Typically they like babies to be back to their birth weight by their 2 week appt. However, Sawyer is so alert and aware of life. That he's obviously thriving.
As I said, Sawyer is very alert. He seems to be consistent with awake times and sleep times. He typically is awake around 12-3. Sometimes he's up the whole 3 hrs. He'll just lay on the floor or in his swing and take in the world around him. He opens his eyes wide and lets his baby blues see what's happening around him.
Thank goodness he is not a 'cryer'. He has his moments, don't get me wrong. But, for the most part he only cries when he's hungry. gets a diaper change, or had to be in the bilibed. Thank goodness the bilibed days are now behind us. He was a trooper for the first week of his life as I drove him back into the hospital daily to have his heal pricked and blood drawn. He even slept through it a couple times. Now that's my boy!
His brother's and sister absolutely love him to death. Sometimes too much. They fight over who gets to hold him and who held him longer. Dawson seems to be OK with sharing mom all day. I was a little worried about him. After all it's been just me and him for years. But, like I said he is doing great and he's a huge help.
As for mom and dad, we are adjusting well to our new routines and schedule. Ty has proven to be able to sleep through anything including a screaming baby getting a diaper change 2 feet away from him. How would that be???
As for this momma, life hasn't slowed down. I am still doing my callings,getting kids ready for school, carpooling, and doing the gymnastics thing. Now we've added baseball to our schedule so I get to figure practices and games into our schedule. It's all part of being the mom.
The kids already talk about our next baby. I'm not quite sure what they're talking about. I did mention I could do this again. If I could be guaranteed a girl. But, Ty would have to be on board and let's just say he's jumpin' ship.
I am so thankful for this little addition to our family. We definitely wouldn't be complete without Sawyer.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Give it time to settle down and let Ty forget what it's like to have a baby and then it will be easier to get on board. Or conveniently forget the BC. ;)

Kate said...

And, why no new pics!?

Keri said...

I added one just for you Kate.

Dad said...

Well he is looking good at two weeks. I am glad to know that the bilibed is behind you now. It is good to know that the kids all enjoy him, because like it or not, he is here to stay. Good to have ya here Sawyer.

becky said...

Awe thanks for the picts. He is such a cutey. We are all healthy at our house so know that I will be by to get in some baby time.

mom said...

Dad used to 'sleep' thru you guys crying too but I never really believed it. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to keep up with the normal routine with a newborn? But the world goes on and so do we. Glad you could get back on so quick! You're doing good.