She's definitely changed a lot since then. Now she's a beautiful pre-teen girl complete with a diva attitude and huge generous heart. Kenzie has blessed my life in several ways. She lights up the room when she walks in smiling. Her willingness to help and please makes me proud. She has shown tremendous discipline in her school work and sport. I don't think Mackenzie knows the word defeat or can't. She continues to push herself and accomplish the goals she sets. Sometimes she is her own worse critic. She'll beat her self up over little imperfections and tiny slip ups. Then she'll refocus her energy and try again. It's this 'never say never' attitude that has gotten her so far in gymnastics.
When I think of Kenzie I automatically think, gymnast. Most people who know her do too. She is so much more than a gymnast and flexible.
Mackenzie is:
Compassionate, determined, self-motivating, self-disciplining, courageous, silly, athletic, responsible, dedicated, righteous, faithful, loving, loyal, beautiful, cheerful, humorous, crazy, sweet, sincere, helpful, reliable, and my best-friend and daughter.
Every day I am thankful to have been blessed with her as my daughter. I don't know what I've done to deserve her but, I'll take it. I love you Macaroni noodle.
Does she really think I'd let her do that!
I surprised Kenz with flowers.
She loves bright colors. When I saw these I had to get them for her.
Singing happy birthday to her.
Sawyer actually sang it too.
2 comments:
Beautiful young lady! What impressed me was when I mentioned to her it was only one year till she was in YW's and she said and then I can go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead. Already realizing what a blessing that will be.
She is all you mentioned and more. Love you, Kenzie. What a great start to my grandchildren.
What a great example she must be for her brothers. I wish my kids had the "can do " attitude. It is something we lack :( She has accomplished so much, I bet she has a great future!
Post a Comment