Saturday, February 4, 2012

Science Fair Is Finished!

I have realized something this past few weeks as we worked on Mackenzie's science fair project.
First, when a teacher sends home a 2 month long schedule for completing a science fair project. Follow it. For she is wise and knows projects can not be completed over night.
2nd, If it's winter in Utah maybe pick a project that doesn't need to be done outside. Brrr.
3rd, leave procrastination to Kenzie's Uncle Dan. He is a Pro. And he can have it.
Finally, I learned that Mackenzie gets really silly at 1:00 in the morning as we finished her poster board. She stalled every time I sent her bed and kept coming back in to "tell" me something else. So I decided if she was up, she was doing her project board. She designed it and typed up stuff and choose the colors. I was just going to attach the stuff so she could go to bed.
Here is her finished project:
Her board.

1. Middle of board
2. Left side of board.

1. Right side of board
2. Board set up as a display.

Silly Mackenzie at 1:00
when we finished board.

When I woke up that morning I was looking at Kenz's board and realized we forgot to add her data table.
 I quickly typed up her info for her. I sent her off to school and attached the data table.
Luckily, there was a spot for it.
It's the little, rectangular, purple framed paper next to the hypothesis.

Kenzie on the day of her science fair at the school.
The kids set up their displays on Thursday. Parents could come walk through that afternoon. On Friday the students presented their projects to the judges.
Monday we'll find out the judge's results and who the winner is.
Stay tuned......

1 comment:

mom said...

Looks great. Can't wait to hear how she did.
Dan wasn't the only procrastinator in the family. You did pretty good yourself.