Friday, February 24, 2012

Journals and Flowers.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Activity Day Girls!!! I loved serving in Y.W. but, being with my awesome group of 9 year old girls is so rewarding. Anything you have planned is magical to them. They are so excited to be at the activity and willing to do anything. I looove it!
This past week, for our class activity we passed off one of our requirements in their Faith in God books and made Little scripture tote sized journals and flower pens.



For the journals I bought simple .50 flip notebooks and the girls picked a piece of scrapbook paper i had and we simply attached it to the front cover with scrapbook sticky tabs. Then I bought a pack of .79 pens and a cute selection of bright Gerber Daisies. The girls each made 2 pens with any color flower their hearts desired.
Then as a new leader I went through all their Faith in God books and up-dated my records with their items already passed off. My girls already have a lot things passed off. I'm so proud of them.
Then as it was time to leave, the girls started handing me their journals. I told them they were to keep them and use them to keep special notes in. The girls were so excited to be able to keep the things they made. It's funny to me that such a simple thing and craft could bring such joy.
If they liked this just wait till next time to see what I have planned.

On a side note, I do have a very jealous daughter because she is not in my group. I end up getting an extra of everything just so she can make the craft at home.

2 comments:

mom said...

You always have put 110% into all your callings so these girls are now the lucky recipients. Can't blame Kenz for wanting to have some too, now can you?

Missy said...

Trinity had to always do what we did for our activity.I just included her in the head count. My partners daughter too.
I should pass on some of the things we did to you.