Thursday, March 3, 2011

Brown Stuff.

Thank goodness for $0.79 hamburgers from Artic Circle. It was one of my crazy hectic days and because of my time limits I grabbed hamburgers for the kids. I asked them who wanted one and who would rather have a corn dog.
Kenz and Xan both wanted burgers. Dawson however, asked for a hamburger without the brown. I tried to clarify what he was asking for by repeating his order back to him but changing 1 word. I asked him if he wanted a hamburger with no bun? He then said, "No, without the brown in the middle."
To clarify again, "You want a hamburger without the meat?" He sighed and explained to me, "I want the bread, salad, and the pickle. No brown stuff from the middle. Got it, mom." As I'm laughing I explain to him that you can't order just a bun and pickle. To which he replied, "I want the salad too."
He ended up with a corn dog.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Actually, I am sure you can order it like that. When I worked their we had a diabetic that would come in and order a burger but instead of a bun, with tomatoes. We did it for him.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

No "brown stuff" Mom! I love it!

Happy Birthday!

mom said...

How funny that kid is. He's taking after his 2nd cousin Steven who only eats the bun. Altho Steve wouldn't ask for the salad.

Kate said...

Too funny!