Sunday, August 15, 2010

Kid talk

I love to post random things my kids say. They make me laugh so hard and I want to keep these thoughts so that some day I can look back at these posts and chuckle all over again.
I hope you enjoy.

Xander's thought on Sunday:

"Jesus can heal you and make you better."

"I think all stores should be closed on Sunday." (me) "What if there's an emergency and you need medicine?" (Xan) "Then you need more faith to get healed."

This conversation with Xander happened while he was in my room talking to me while I was doing my hair.

(Me) "We need to get your hair cut before school starts." (Xan) "Why can't I have long hair? Daddy does."

Kenzie's comments coming home from a wedding:

Here's the background to the conversation; we were at my cousin's wedding and on the drive home around 9:30 Kenzie was asking me about her great grandma and grandpa Bruderer whom we had just seen at the wedding.

"Why aren't grandma and grandpa going home tonight?" (me) "They have a funeral in Logan to go to." ( Kenz) "Tonight?" (me) "Who goes to a funeral this late at night." (Kenz) "Night people."

"I thought we were suppose to wear white to weddings." (me) "No, only if you're the bride." (Kenz) "Not true, what if you're in the temple." (me) "Then yes, people wear white in the temple." (Kenz) "Guess I'm right and you're not,"

This conversation reminded me of a conversation we had way back when Kenz was 4.
"Mom, I'm going to get married in the Timpanogos Temple like you and daddy when I'm big." (me) "Oh really? And who are you gonna marry?" (Kenz) "Uncle Dan." (me) "And what are you going to wear?" (Kenz) "I know you're suppose to where white, but I'm going to wear a rainbow colored dress. And the wedding is from 12-6. Then I'll come home and be with you and daddy."

This is another story from back when Kenzie was 3. She and I always have great talks while I do her hair. Here is one we had on a Sunday morning while getting ready for church.
"Mom, I know President Hinkley loves me." After seeing the look on my face and the tears swelling up in my eyes she said, "Don't worry mom, he loves you too."

3 comments:

Dad said...

It's pretty great what the kids come up with to talk about. All you got to do listen. Remembering those little talks, priceless.

mom said...

Smiles! I wondered if you were going to the wedding. Glad you did.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

That is so cute and funny!

Come, come!

http://beinglds.blogspot.com/2010/08/celebrate-family-rsvp-giveaway.html