It was during the 'Dump' fire as it was named. The fire and smoke got very close to our homes and we prepared for possible evacuations. I set the kids to work gathering supplies and keep sake items. Dawson brought up the cooler and said, "mom I'll pack the food."
When a 6 year old exclaims this, it might make you wonder what would a child pack.
Well, I'll show you.
There you have it.
In case of an emergency take pancake mix and you'll be set.
I told him that was a great start, but we might need a little more to eat. Then I pointed out that we would need water to mix the pancakes up. (not to mention a few other supplies, like syrup.)
He went to work gathering more essential food supplies for us. Once again he exclaimed, "mom, the cooler is done and it's full this time."
Here is what he packed.
I did add to his cooler, but I also did keep everything he packed.
I happy to say, we didn't need to evacuate and use our cooler full of supplies, but I am even more proud of my children for stepping up and helping me prepare stuff just in case.
*And for the future Mrs. Dawson Keith. Make sure you pack the coolers, but always include pancake mix. You will make your husband very happy.
3 comments:
Silly boy.
I like how he packed 3 bottles of water for a family of 6.
This made me smile!
Post a Comment