Monday, September 24, 2012

She Did it Again.

Who's # 1?
Kenzie's # 1.

Mackenzie had another amazing gymnastic meet over this weekend.
She took first place in every event and first on the All-Around.
She earned a 9.0 on her vault. A 9.3 for her bar routine. An amazing 9.325 on her beam routine. To round it out she received an 8.95 for her floor exercise.
If you do the math that all adds up to a very impressive 36. 575. WOW!
Once again she walked away with 4 medals and a trophy for her All-Around.
As we drove home that night, I had to tease her. As they were announcing award places and as the announcer was finishing the 2nd place winner she was already standing and walking toward the podium before they ever announced her name. I told her it came off a little cocky and she needed to wait to hear her name.
She then asked what does cocky mean, I explained it like this, "Remember when Lightening McQueen thought he won the piston cup and came through the curtain before his name was called. Well, he was cocky. In the end, he didn't win. He tied. His ego was so big he thought he was the best and it turned there were 2 other just as good." She looked at me and said, " I get it. Next time I'll wait for my name, but I already know I Am that good."
I guess medals really are won with confidence.
Keep up the awesome work!
Here she is after receiving her trophy for 1st place in the AA.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Way to go girl! Now you have to teach her about humility! LOL