Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Activity

It's a big day in the Keith household. Xander's wish is finally coming true.
 He has his first Karate class today.

We have a friend that got her black belt about a year ago and she is currently teaching classes. With a little bit of persuasion Tyler decided he'd like to take up karate again. What a perfect opportunity for me to jump in and suggest he and Xander take the class together. We both agreed that it would be good for Xander to get into the sport he chose and it would help him in life too. Karate will help teach him self control, self discipline, self esteem, and hopefully it will help him to feel better about himself knowing he's doing something that another sibling isn't. He's getting the attention all for himself. I really think he needs that reinforcement.
I'm pretty excited for him. I hope it will be something that want to continue to do and progress in.

On another side note, Dawson has decided he wants to be swimmer when he grows up and get trophies and medals. Looks like I could have another future Olympian.
Michael Phelps better watch out. His record might get broken by my little D-Man.

1 comment:

mom said...

Best part he'll be doing it with his dad. Go Xander!