Our summer was full of several trips to splash pads, pools, lakes and squirt gun fights. In addition to the water fun we had a great mini vacation in Idaho with lots of family and cousin fun. Also an unforgettable trip to Yellow Stone National Park.
The boys had a camp out with daddy. Mackenzie and I had several mommy daughter dates. All this was in addition to our gymnastic routine and me being gone to Girls Camp for a week.
As hard as we try though, it seems that summer break ends and school always comes back.
It's hard to believe that this year I will have 3 kids in school full time. What is this momma gonna do with just my little Sawyer Dude at home. The answer, same thing I do every day. I'll play with him. I'll clean the house. I'll read several books, over and over and over again. I'll do my shopping. I'll do the laundry. I'll take my walks. I'll wrestle and tickle Sawyer. Then we'll hit repeat and do it all over again the next day. Yep, I'll also admit that I love my life.
This is going to be a great year!
Xander and Dawson all ready to go.
Xander-4th grade. Dawson-1st grade.
Are you boys excited?
Thumbs up for back to school.
All my school kiddos.
When did this little girl get so big?
Mackenzie-6th grade.
Have a great day guys.
What did Sawyer and I do the kids first day back to school? For starters, Sawyer was back asleep for an early nap by 11. I took advantage of this and took a shower with out any interruptions. Then I decided it would sure be nice to have a yummy treat waiting for the kids when they got home. Time to make cookies. Sawyer woke up in time to big helper/nibbler.
The kids loved their treat when they got home.
Score a point for mom.
Exhausting!
3 comments:
I agree that they are growing up too fast. Esp Mackenzie. What a beautiful young women she has grown into.
Poor D. Maybe now he'll realize why he needs to go to sleep when you put him to bed.
Enjoy your little guy. He'll be in school sooner than you know.
I never noticed D was almost as tall as X! Wow.
I saw that too, Missy! Crazy.
Post a Comment