We did a simple little family party for Xander. Xander's birthday fell on a Wednesday. Wednesday happens to be my busiest day of the week too. I drive the gymnastic carpool on that day. I leave my home about 3:10 drop Kenzie and Taylor off and return home around 4:15. Then I help Xander with homework and head back out to pick up the girls by 5:40. In the mean time Tyler usually gets home (fingers crossed). Ty gets Xander ready for scouts which is at 6. I get home about 6:40, Xander gets done at 7. We hurry and have dinner, baths, and then it's bedtime. This Wednesday also happen to be pack meeting night. It was the night Xan got his Wolf badge. We still needed dinner and baths. There was a camp fire for roasting S'Mores so everyone was smoke smelling. While I put kids through the bath, Ty made Xander a cake. There was no way it was going to be done, cooled, frosted, and served before bedtime. So we had a twinkie and sang Happy Birthday to Xander.
He did get to have his cake the next day. It was delicious. Good job Daddy.
As far as presents go, Xander had one theme with everything he wanted.= Star Wars.
He got a new Star Wars video game for the X-Box 360 Kinect. Since it's for the Kinect he his the controller. It keeps him moving.
In fact, the next day he was complaining his arm hurt. It dawned on me that it hurt cause he was spinning his arm around like the light saber in the game. After 2 hrs of that any one's arm would be sore.
He also got a few Star Wars action figures.
Happy Birthday Xander!
2 comments:
I hate those super busy days! That game sounds like fun, my kids would love to try it next time we're in town!
He's looking so grown up. Glad he had a good day in spite of all the running. It wouldn't be the Keith household with out all the chaos.
Post a Comment