Saturday, May 5, 2012

We Appreciate Our Teachers.

This past week was teacher appreciation week. As part of the weeks celebration, parents could sign up to decorate a teacher's door. Thinking it would be simple, easy, quick my friend Tara and I volunteered to decorate 4 doors. It would have been simple and easy if I kept it simple and easy.
But, can I do anything simple? No, so why should the doors be any different. These teachers put so much time and effort into the education of their students I wanted them to feel loved and appreciated.
Here are Tara's and my creations.

Mrs. Lebaron is Dawson's kindergarten teacher.
If I could have hand picked Dawson's teacher it would have been her!
She is an amazing lady and teacher.

I've been able to help in her classroom through out the year and her efforts reflect in every aspect of  her student's day.
She strives to help each student reach their full potential.
I love working with her and I love the job she does.

She is such a cutsie girl that I wanted her door to reflect her sweet personality and soft, tender side.
Miss Thorstrom is Xander's teacher.
I was so happy to be able to do her door. Her classroom has a 50's theme. In keeping to her theme we designed her door.
It was a 'swinging hit.'



Mrs. Gray is a reading recovery teacher.
What's more fitting for a reading teacher than a book worm.

I have a very soft spot in my heart for those teachers that work one on one with a struggling student.

Having Xander in his special needs reading class has made me eternally grateful for these patient, dedicated teachers.
Mr. Tillman is the school principle. 
I have had many many many conversations with this man.
 Not all of them being bad. (:
He is a great man and very dedicated to all the students at Hidden Hollow Elementary. 
I love it when he sees my kids in the store and can call them all by name.
We all think Mr. "T" Rocks!

2 comments:

mom said...

Those all look great. Bet the teachers each appreciated your efforts.
Did the principal put his princi'pal' on there? Sounds like he is one. When I worked at HW I was amazed cause Mr Roth knew every kid by name, too. Even the year we had 630 kids. He was a great principal.

Genevre said...

that is a lot of lettering you had to do---they are sooo cute!