To train a husband in the way that he should go, one must be patient and set the example.
I happy to say that Tyler learned good.
I heard someone say once (in conversation) that her husband can be himself as long as it's what she's taught him to be. I remember commenting back that if you need to change everything about your husband then maybe he's not the one for you. She laughed and said, no, as long as he's good-looking I can take of the rest.
Yes this was during my college days.
I look back at Tyler when we first met and the Tyler today. Not too much has changed. He is still soft spoken (when he actually talks). He dishes out snappy one-liners that crack you up instantly. He is slow to anger. He is patient, kind, responsible, dedicated, and very loving.
I have always stood by my words, that if I need to change my husband then maybe we're not the perfect match.
I know Tyler would verify for me that I haven't changed him. Life has changed him. Being married, having kids, supporting a family, paying grown-up bills like a house and car. But, over our past 13 years of marriage he's still the same wonderful man I fell in love with.
Holy moly that was so off the track from what is about to follow; but sometimes I just need to record my thoughts as they come.
Subconsciously I must have rubbed off on him because while I was gone he did something all by himself that surprised me.
I was gone to a Stake Camp mtg and Tyler was off covering my gymnastic tear-down. Mackenzie was babysitting. I use that term loosely.
When he got home he discovered Sawyer was channeling his inner 'Picasso'.
While Kenzie was upstairs, Sawyer got in the food coloring. As you can tell it was everywhere. Sawyer thought it made great body paint. Instead of getting upset, he grabbed the camera.
See, somewhere along the way without him realizing it, I rubbed off on him. His first instinct was to get a picture of Sawyer before he cleaned him up.
He showed me the picture when I got home. He proudly stated,"I took some pics of him so you could see him and blog it."
Some where, over the course of our years together we have influenced and changed each other whether intentional or not. I'm thankful that I trained my hubby to snap a picture first, then clean up.
4 comments:
How the heck did he get the food coloring? That was good of Ty to take pic's. Always thinking.
You did describe him perfectly.
Is he still green? It takes a while for food coloring to come out.
I don't think I changed Curtis. Only the minor things that benefit the whole world;)
Love your thoughts about Tyler, you've got a good man. And Sawyer, Yikes! I hop your house survived his art project!
Post a Comment