Dawson's teacher is an amazing woman. I had the privilege to work in her class room a couple years ago when she had Xander in her class. I told her that once Dawson was in kindergarten I wanted to be her aide. She was more than happy to have me. However, we had a little surprise addition to our family. Sawyer! So she was more than happy to have me help her in the classroom as often as I could. I was able to help her out every Thursday for about 1 hr. I helped out with class parties and donating supplies. Weekly, I brought home pages and pages of laminated things to cut out for her. It was only a little effort from me, but I know it meant a lot to her.
This past Friday Dawson had his kindergarten program and graduation. I helped with that too. :) I love walking into a class full of 6 yr olds and having them so excited as they tell you about their weekend or how they broke their arm doing tricks on the trampoline. 2 boys did this. I got to hear about the new babies their mommies had. I also got to hear about some personal stuff that parents would be embarrassed to know their young children are telling. But, it sure made me giggle and think about what in the world my kids tell people.
Dawson's graduating class.
All the kindergarten classes had their kids put on a little program for the parents before they went back to their individual classrooms for graduation. The kids sang several songs. They had a few kids tell jokes. And a couple kids had a speaking part. Or a line.
Dawson had the letter 'Q' during the alphabet song. His line was:
"Q is for the questions, we've asked throughout the year."
What he actually said was, "Q is for questions we've asked all week." Close enough.
The kindergartners singing their little hearts out.
When we split off and went back to Dawson's classroom his teacher, Mrs. Lebaron presented each of the students with their own graduation certificate and a certificate from her, specific to that child and their accomplishments.
Mrs. Lebaron
Dawson's award was for 'The Neatest Worker.' She said he always wrote with good hand writing and he took his time with assignments. And always did his best.
I can honestly say that Dawson did try to do his best every day with his homework so I can only imagine he did his best in class too.
Congratulations buddy.
1 comment:
Way to go Dawson! Your experience in the classroom reminded me of the time I did an hour of computer time per week for a year with Dan's first grade class. That was a fun time for me too. I used it for a YW project towards getting my YW Recognition Necklace. Not sure if that's what it's called. Hope you know what I mean.
Sounds like he had a great teacher and has come a long way. Watch out 1st grade-here comes Dawson.
Post a Comment