This morning as I made the inevitable chocolate chip pancake for my precious Dawson, he enlightened my day with this little bit of wise wisdom.
My sweet hubby bought me new pots and pans for my birthday. I was using my new stainless steel pan when Dawson saw me pour liquid Grape Seed oil into the bottom of it. He quickly questioned me as to "What the heck are you doing?" I explained that daddy wants me to use this stuff instead of the spray. The spray burns to the pan quickly and is a pain to scrub off. He then asked if his pancake was going to taste like grapes. I reassured him the answer was no. He said, "well mom ya know, dad isn't here and he won't know if you used spray or not."
I started giggling and asked if he was worried about his pancake. He explained to me, "I just think if you're the one baking my pancake you should use what you want."
I completely understand your reasoning son.
Then he followed it with this line. "So until Dad starts making pancakes, you're in charge and can do what you want. After all, you're the mom."
That's right, I'm in charge and I can do what I want cause I'm the mom."
2 comments:
So is the mom going to use spray next time?
Did you tell him it's not nice to be dishonest? LOL
Post a Comment