Monday, March 19, 2012

I Do Stuff.

I was talking with Xander about activities I would like him to do during the summer. I recently enrolled him and Dawson in a bowling class that starts in April and goes for 8 weeks. The boys will be doing their lessons on Mondays from 3-5 in Lehi. It's perfect for them. Not to mention they'll have something to do just for them while their sis is in gymnastics.
Then this summer I will enroll them in tumbling. I gotta use these vouchers sometime. But, I decided to wait till summer because I didn't want to pile too much on Xander. He already goes to school from 8-3:30 three times a week. Plus scouts and all his homework. It would be a little too much for him to handle.
We would also like to put them in swimming lessons. All the kids need lessons.
As I explained to Xander that I wanted him to have stuff to do and to be able to develop new skills he chimes in with his own thought.
He says, " Mom I do stuff already."
Questionably, I looked at him and said, "Oh yeah, and what do you do?"
He, as matter of fact states, "I play video games. That's what I do."
I burst into laughter and said, "That's exactly why I'm putting you in other stuff."

4 comments:

mom said...

He goes to school 3 times a week?
It sounds like they are going to have some fun times. Good idea on your part.

Keri said...

Mom, the other 2 days it's from 8-2:15. He stays for double dosing for math.

Kate said...

Hahaha!

mom said...

Thanks for explaining. I wondered.