Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dawson Day!

My last blog was about kindergarten evaluation day. This one is dedicated to Dawson's first day. At first, he kept saying, "I don't want to go to school. Mom you can just cancel it." But when the big day arrived so did the excitement. He picked out his clothes the night before. (A must to keep me sane in the hectic mornings.) His outfit included his new Captain America shirt and a pair of shorts. He wanted to wear his new jeans but, I said no because it was 95 degrees and we were walking. And his outfit could not be complete without new socks and new Iron Man shoes. Not to mention he was super excited to wear his camo boxers. (-:
That's one good looking Kindergartner!

Side note, When D-Man put boxers on for the first time and told him to put shorts on, he said to me, "Why do I have to wear 2 pairs of pants." Guess he wanted to be one of those boxer and tank-top wearing guys.


OK, back to school. Tyler went into work late so he could be there with us when I dropped Dawson off. It was nice to have daddy there to say good-bye. Plus that meant he could hold Sawyer while snapped pictures.
And here they are:

Isn't he so handsome.



Off he goes into the classroom.

One of the things I love most about the school layout is that the Kindergarten rooms have their own door from the classroom right onto the kindergarten only playground.

Here's Mister Big Stuff coming out of school for the first time.

Dawson and 2 of his bestest friends.
Mason and Kaydee.

For those wondering, no I didn't cry. He's my #3 in school.
I went home and did laundry.

2 comments:

mom said...

Glad he had a good time. He sure looks tall next to his friends. He's probably the tallest kid in his class. You know I guess I was a weird mom cause I didn't cry when any of you went off to school. I take that back. College-yes. Mission's were worse but you've got a few years before either of those things happen.

Kate said...

Ha, love the laundry comment!