Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kindergarten, Ready or Not

This past week Dawson had his Kindergarten evaluation. He met with his teacher and got to show off his special skills and great intellect. I was a beaming mom as he walked into his class room. Why shouldn't I be. After all, I was his preschool teacher last year so I know how much he knows and how smart he his.
As the evaluation began, his teacher asked him the usual questions, his name, how many brothers and sisters he has, what's his mom's name. Then she went into the academic portion. She showed him random letters of the alphabet (upper case and lower case) and asked him to name the letters.
As he went on they came to a letter and Dawson says to her, "Uhmm, I don't know. Let's skip it." Luckily his teacher has a great sense of humor and laughed.
Then then moved onto numbers. Once again, she showed him a number and asked him to tell her what number it is. He did great at this. Then she had him count. He went up to 12 and stopped. The teacher asked him if he knew what number came next. In true Dawson fashion he replies, "Nope, that's as far as I go."

I sat there trying to hold back my laughter when I glanced at his teacher and noticed she wasn't holding back hers. At that moment I knew Dawson had the perfect teacher. Mrs. LaBaron and Dawson were a match made in heaven.

3 comments:

mom said...

He'll keep her on her toes that's for sure. Hard to believe you've got 3 big kids now. Keep smiling buddy.

Kate said...

That boy is hilarious!

Jen H. said...

I am so glad that the boys are loving kindergarten! It's nice to have them out of the house for a bit too ;)