'D' Man went through several ideas of what he wanted to do for his birthday. Luckily for him his mother is very laid back and relaxed that it didn't matter how many times he changed his mind. I think that was a nice way of saying I procrastinate till the end so nothing was bought or prepared so he could change his mind as much as he liked. Or, I'm really accommodating to my children's wants and ideas. You decide for yourself.
He finally decided on a summer slip-n-slide/pool party. With pizza and an 'Angry Birds' cake. And that's just what he got. The slip-n-slide was no problem, already had that. Pizza, good ol' hot and ready 'Little Ceaser's'. Grab and go. Pool- got it covered. Cake=Holy Moly how am I going to pull that one off???
It took a little creativity, a lot of hope, and some prayers. And in the end I had a very happy birthday boy.
Here are pics of his special day.
Dawson requested
'Angry Birds' at the beach.
And he got it.
The kids loved the cake.
Did I mention it was playable.
Tyler made the sling shot to shoot the birds with.
Yes, he carved and shaped it.
Enjoying cake and ice cream.
Outside = no clean-up.
Opening presents.
All he asked for was a big, blue Angry Bird.
I thought he had to have a red one too.
And he got 2 pigs, a red key chain bird and the yellow bird.
That's one lucky boy!
This is the cake we did the next day for the family party.
I wanted it to be grassy scene.
And we played with this one too.
So much fun for such a special man in my life.
Happy 6th Birthday Dawson!
2 comments:
fun. And you did a great job on the cake.
What a fun bday for your boy. The cakes are really cute. What is the beach made with? I have my guess but I don't want to say and make an idiot of myself. Sounds like both the parties were a success and if Dawson was happy that's all that matters.
Post a Comment