Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Let the Games Begin

Another gymnastic competition season is fast approaching. I just got the schedule for the meets. Kenz has her first meet September 24. I can't believe we're already at this point in our lives again. I just paid for the first 3 meets. And I found out the team is getting new leo's and warm-ups this season. Add another $150-$200 on top of the comp fees. Oh the joys of being in a sport. Kenz said to me, "Be glad I'm not in beauty pageants. They pay $1,000 for a frilly, silly dress." I said, "That's true, but I pay $110 for a bathing suit." We both laughed at that one. I did tell her that she is worth every penny we spend. And that I do it because she loves her sport and is so stinkin' good at it.
I had to throw in one more joke when I told her that I just expect her to take care of me when she's an gold medalist and sponsors are throwing money at her. She quickly replied, "How about I go to college on a scholarship and have gymnastics pay for that." I smiled and said, "sounds good to me.
Here's to another start of hopefully whats to be an awesome competition season.
Fall 2011!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Cute girl! I never did get to see her last season, so send me your schedule when you can!

mom said...

Good luck to Kenzie for a great season. Do your best!