Monday, August 8, 2011

Bruderer Reunion 2011

Another first weekend in August has come and gone. Which also means; another annual Conrad and Anna Bruderer reunion has come and gone. But don't fret, we'll all be back again next August. Kendall Canyon in Idaho will be filled with Bruderer's of all ages. Gathering together to celebrate the heritage and prosperity of 2 amazing individuals that have been together in this life and the next for 96 yrs. Since the joining of Conrad and Anna there are currently 680 direct prosperity of these 2 amazing people. Add in all the in-laws and step children and adopted children and our numbers reach over 1,000. I am honored to be able to be counted in that huge Bruderer number.
Here are some (OK A LOT) fun pictures from our wonderful weekend together.
Daddy and Sawyer cuddling before bed.
Dawson peeking out from 'the boy' side of the tent.


Kenzie saying 'hi' from her side.
Xander passed out.

Ty and I bought this tent for our 2nd anniversary.
I don't think we realized back then that we'd ever fill it.


Mackenzie's beautiful wild flowers she gathered for me.

As part of the reunion's tradition there was the medal detector game.
Every kid, paid a quarter and had a chance to search for a number buried in the ground. When they found a number they turned it in for a coordinating prize.

Kenz won this toy vacuum. Sawyer loves it!


Dawson and Great Grandpa Bruderer were on a team together.


Dawson won a silver dollar his first time and a compass his 2nd.


Daddy took Sawyer and Xander.


Here is Xander digging up his number.
He got an awesome truck.

Melissa and her beautiful Family.
(Ivan, Curtis, and Trinity)

Kate, deep in thought.
Darin, deep in shhhh.


Another tradition is the train (4-wheeler train cars) ride.
The kids all love riding the train over and over.

Sawyer's first train ride.

Sawyer was happy to wounder around and try out all the different camp chairs.

Mackenzie riding the 50.
Dawson having a ride with Uncle Curtis.
(left) Kenz didn't listen to Curtis so well.
She jumped one bank of a road, across the road, down the other side and stalled out.
(Right) Calin and Kenz following Curtis on a new ride.


Xander, why aren't you riding the 50?
He wiped out and wouldn't get back on.
Sawyer enjoyed his own version of ladder ball.
He was entertained for quite awhile.

Brothers

Sawyer's first 4-wheeler ride with daddy.

Mackenzie and Calin decided to wounder off on their own.
Here is the result.
Kenz dared Calin to jump a river bank and he dared her back.
Unfortunately, on the other side wasn't long grass, but more water hidden under long grass.
Calin came running back for help. Kenz was stuck. Tyler and she were there over an hour trying to get her and her shoes unstuck.

We brought up a hammock for some cool enjoyment.


Dawson doesn't have a chip on his shoulder. It's a Cheerio.

Packing up and heading out.
Ty rolling up an air mattress.

Sawyer and Eli enjoy some bonding time together. And a sandwich.

All of the Ivan Bruderer clan together.
We represented 17 of G&G's 31 family members.

The reunion was a huge success. We all came home a little more stinkier, with a few more bug bites, a whole lot dirtier, and filled with memories to last our life time.








2 comments:

mom said...

You'll never know how much I enjoyed the pic's. Thanks so much for posting them. I have some wonderful memories of the reunions dad and I have attended. Who won the quilt this year?
Your kids will have great memories from the time they spent there. Even with getting stuck in the mud and wiping out on the 50. Poor Kenz but guess she had to learn the hard way. Glad Ty found her shoes.
Gpa's great's are catching up w him height wise. How funny. I like the fan pic. Everyone looks so happy.

The Nielsen's said...

Hi - I was just doing some family history work and happened across your blog! I, too, am part of the Big Bruderer Bunch (Delbert's Grand-Daughter, Tammy's Daughter). Looks like you guys had fun at the reunion. I was sad I couldn't make it this year. Take care!
JeriLynn Berry Nielsen