Monday, January 24, 2011

Milking It.

Over the weekend Xander was pretty laid out. He came home from school on Thursday not feeling good. When I picked him up he really didn't look good. He came home and took a nap without any fight. Then went too bed no problem by 8.
I kept him home Friday because he was still no better. He was running a temp of almost 101. and was pretty much out for the count. I knew he didn't feel good when he usually eats all day long. (not exaggerating) but, wouldn't touch a thing. He said his throat was sore. I looked at his throat and it wasn't red, swollen, or spotted. He didn't have the distinct 'Strep Throat' smell. Any one who's been around someone with strep knows exactly what I mean.
I debated going to the doc. Alot of times these things just pass on their own. So I gave him meds and sent him up for a nap again. Then the day continued with Xander becoming a permanent fixture on the couch.
When he woke the next day, (Saturday) he came running down stairs clenching his throat. He was trying to speak but nothing was coming out. It was so sore from sleeping he couldn't force air through it to say something. Then he was able to cough enough to clear it out and start complaining. I decided enough was enough let's get him into the doc. So I made the appt. and Ty was the designated driver. I was going to be at gymnastics trade. Or at least on my way home. Plus I work out before trade so I didn't feel like going to the doc's office all nasty and sweaty. Why not use Ty while I got him here.
The doc did a strep test=negative. He also said it wasn't quite bronchitis. So no answers. He did give him an antibiotic to help either or. He said we could have caught the strep early enough so it tested negative. He also said, Xan would still be contagious on Sunday so to keep him home from church.
Sunday came and Xander was much better. But his favorite part was seeing everyone else have to get ready for church and got to stay in PJ'S. As I made all the other kids brush their teeth I heard Xander give Kenz a little hahaha you have to brush your teeth. I quickly jumped in and told Xander to brush his. This sent him into a fit asking, "why, I'm going anywhere." I then explained that he was brushing his teeth because, #1. he was being a snot to his sister and #2. because he had nasty sick, morning, poo breath.
He didn't fight me and just did it. Yes, in case you're wondering I do tell my kids they have poo breath.
Now were at the present moment in time, Monday. I get the kids up and lunches made then their off to school. At 8:35 this morning the phone rings. I didn't answer it cause I was cuddling with Sawyer. Then a minute later my cell phone rings. I ignored it, but then decided someone was really trying to get a hold of me so I better see who it is. Well, it was the school. Dang it!
Xander was calling to tell me he was coughing real bad, didn't feel good and that stuff was stuck in his throat. So, Ty went and got him as he was leaving for work. When Xander came in he wasn't coughing, as a matter of fact he saw Sawyer and started playing with him. I said, "Xander I thought you didn't feel good?" (said, dripping with sarcasm) He looked at me and said, "I was coughing a lot in my class. I guess I must be allergic to my classroom."
I got played by my 7 yr old. That's not happening again.

2 comments:

mom said...

Just be glad he's better and it wasn't strep. Did you march his little behind back to school?

Kate said...

haha!