KENNETH, it's more than just a name.
When I think of my dad so many things come to mind. And they're not all bad. Ha ha ha ha.
Take a moment everyone reading this blog that know my dad and think what he means to you.
Here are just a few brief adjectives that describe him in my eyes.
FUNNY, FRIENDLY, CARING, RELIABLE, HONORABLE, CREATIVE, HARD-WORKING, SILLY, KIND, TALKATIVE, TALENTED, MUSICAL, SACRIFICING, BRAVE, FUN, SENSITIVE, MY HERO.
I am honored to be his daughter. My dad has never let me down. He's supported me in all my endeavors. From marching band, to choir, to trips in this country and others, musicals, college, graduation, moving out, getting married, having kids. What ever I wanted, dad supported and loved me none-the-less. (Not that mom didn't, but this is a blog about dad!)
Now, why am I focusing on his name?
Because I have passed his name onto my son. Sawyer Kenneth Keith. My blog is a journal for me and my children and I want Sawyer to know why he was named for his grandpa and that he better honor and live up to his name sake.
I hope that Sawyer will develop his grandfather's wonderful personality. I think my dad will always be known for his sense of humor and friendliness. Dad is a friend to all. He will talk the ear off of anyone. From a random stranger to the grocery store cashier. You know who I mean dad.
He is always warm and welcoming. It's never hard to have a friendly conversation with dad.
Now his sense of humor is one in a million. I love when he laughs at his own jokes.
He is reliable and kind. When someone asks something of him, he is quick to lend a hand and offer a smile as he goes about the task. I hope that my children develop and emulate the love of service their grandfather has.
Dad is musically, artistically, and creatively talented. I remember dad doodling silly drawings in church. There seemed like there wasn't an instrument dad couldn't play. He constantly played his flute and sang. One of my favorite little songs was the 'Oreo' song. I don't know why he sang this, it had something to do with little girls and pretty curls, but I like Oreo, (oh'quick thought just now from my head,) He always sang the 'Pink Pajama song too.
I have loved watching the way he has helped my mom and supported her through her trials. I know while in Heaven she chose her trials. And that she discussed with our Heavenly Father what she could handle and that if she agreed to have the MS she wanted it after we were all grown. I also believe that my dad discussed with our Heavenly Father his desire, willingness, and love for my mom. He was taught in the preexistence the circumstances and he agreed to help mom and support her in everything. I am forever grateful for his kind, selfless, loving acts.
I love my dad and I am so thankful to have been given him as my father.
I know there are several more words that describe dad. But, one thing I know for sure. He is one in a million and he's my dad.
8 comments:
What can I say? You have brought a smile to my lips and a lump in my throat. I am laughing and I am choked up. I love you Princess. I loved your visit. I enjoyed each and every one of your children. They are all growing up so fast. I just really enjoyed them as I got to spend some one-on-one time with them. Thanks for your visit. Love ya all. your loving father 'Dad'.
Fitting tribute to your father. I love and appreciate all the sacrifices he makes for me. Sometimes I feel bad for all he has to do now. He's given up a lot because he loves me. I guess I put up with things too cause I love him. [Sometimes his whistling drives me crazy but don't tell him I said so]. I guess after almost 36 yrs we'll keep each other.
My dad's better than your dad! :)
You forgot to mention "he's a short, fat, bald man!"
I love you too dad. Thanks for putting (probably everyones) your feelings into words.
Oh Kate, Your dad may be better than Keri's dad, but my dad tops both of yours!
Little girls have pretty curls, but I like oreos. Oreos the one because, the very best cookie ever was. I don't recall that other song.
Oh! I just remember there is a second verse! Something about girls are nice, but oh that icing... Dad, fill us in.
This the way I remember it, probably isn't right but oh well.
"little girls have pretty curls,
but I like 'Oreos'.
'Oreo's' my coice because,
They're the very best cookie
there ever was.
Girls are nice things,
But boy what icing;
found in 'Oreos'
Oh, yes a kid will eat the middle of an 'oreo' first, and save the chocolatey out sides for last!"
Kenneth means hugs, smiles, flutes and clarinets. some piano but once lessons were the thing. it means he's always there and always willing. He's just plain and simply and good man and there's nothing else that anyone could desire than that. "good" lasts longer than wealth and power and position. thanx for this chance to say what I think....
Post a Comment