We headed over to one of our family's favorite picnic spots. Mill Hollow. Growing up we would have picnics, feed the ducks, skip rocks in the river, go river walking, and have an occasional Family Home Evenings here. Now it was my turn to take my family and make memories with them. My brother Dave his wife Patrica and their boy Gavin joined us. Along with grandma and grandpa Bruderer.
We let the kids play on the swing set and slides till their hearts content. Tyler taught Dawson how to play Frisbee. They had a blast. Dawson even caught it.
Once the kids realized their tummy's were rumbling it was time for dinner. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Yummy!!! Then it was off to play some more.
It was here that Kenzie found her first 4-leaf clover. Lucky duck!
We called it a night when the mosquitoes decided we tasted delicious.
Thanks mom and dad and Dave and Patricia for sharing this evening with us.
The mosquito bites will fade, the clovers will soon be covered in snow, but the memories will last forever.
4 comments:
Don't you just love Mill Hollow! It's so beautiful!
Aw, this is so sweet! Looks like you are having a great time!
Thanks for the chair covering tip! I am sooo going to do that...I'll post pics when I do!! :) -J
I had fun too but no more pic's without my hair done.
We had a good time with the kids. I am glad that we could be part of those memories.
Post a Comment