Monday, May 3, 2010

Xander turns '7'








This year Xander wanted a pirate themed party. The main thing he asked for was a pirate cake and an eye patch.


Eye patch=no prob. Pirate cake=???


As a matter of fact, all the boys at Xander's party got an eye patch and a hook for their hand. How's that for a take-away gift!


Now onto his cake. I decided to pass the tourch to Ty for this one. I told him to just make it simple and carve an eye patch shape and then we'd figure out the rest. I should have know better than to expect Tyler to keep it simple.

Here is what he came up with.


Be impressed, I sure was. I teased him that we should go to Idaho and he and my sister Missy (who does wedding cakes and other occassion cakes) could practice cakes together. :)



Please also note, this was Ty's first time using fondant and he hand painted the sand and details.






7 comments:

Dan said...

Very impressive, Ty!

Kate said...

Great job, Ty!

The Reimers Family said...

That is so friggin awesome! Way to go Ty!!

Dad said...

Fantastic job on the cake. I studied the pictures before I read the text. I was really inpressed with the cake, but when I read what you said, I was really, very, really impressed with the person who created it.

mom said...

You'd think he's been taking lessons from Melissa. Great job, Ty. Now you know what it's like to pull off a party 9 mo. PG and one with a newborn. You did a good job too. Xan looks like he enjoyed it. Can't believe he's 7.

becky said...

That is a really good job. I bet Xander loved it. I can't believe he is 7 already.

Genevre said...

That is just so awesome!