Here's just a happy moment from Dawson. We were on our way to pick up Tyler from work when Xander said he had to go to the bathroom. I asked him if he could hold it until daddy's work. He said ok. We arrived at Ty's work and because you need a ID. card to get in I couldn't open the doors. So I told Xander to just pee out the van door. Or go out side and pee in the snow and turn it yellow. He opted for colored snow. He was so excited to pee outside in the snow. He must be a boy.
Well, Dawson then says "I have to pee in the snow." Well, I was not about to unload him, strip him down (cause he was in his sleeper) take his daiper off and have him butt-naked outside in the snow, just to hear."My private is empty." So being the good mom I ignored it and Ty came out and we left. As we pulled into the Ranches, Dawson agin said, "Oh gosh, I have to pee." He repeated this several times. So I told him to hold until we got home and he could go sit on the big potty.
Well, we made it home and Tyler took him up stairs and sure enough he went potty. He actually held it. I don't know if he really had to go at Ty's work or if he just wanted out. But, when we got home his diaper was still dry. So he might have held it from Ty's work all the way home. That would explain the 'OH gosh'.
9 comments:
WOOHOO!
I prefer the snow!
He just proved he CAN do it, now you just need him to do it consistantly.
YAY!!! Think of the money you will save on diapers!
YEah maybe he is ready to take that leap.
Just a quick update for everyone he did it again. He said he had to pee. We went to the potty and he went.
Good going Dawson! Hopefully you have the time to concentrate on helping to remind him. Didn't you do like a 3 or 4 day marathon potty training with Kenzie to help her get out of diapers? Maybe that's all he would need. Won't it be nice to have that diaper money for something else?
Ok, that is a 'D'. Now 'A'. Then a 'W'. and end with a 'S', 'O', 'N'. Now you're peeing in the snow. You go.
What's your name, he'll write it on the wall... mind your business!
Post a Comment