Monday, November 17, 2008

Xander!

Just a quick update on Xander. He has been good for 2 days now. Friday and today (Monday) This is great news. I spoke to Jana Flake, Who is our bishop's wife but, also specializes in helping with high spirited children. Isn't that a nice way of saying "problems". She gave me some great advice to try at home. And she confirmed my thoughts of ADHD. She said that there are so many forms of it that Xander's might not be extreme because he is only 5. But she agrees that I should start working with him at home and gave some advice to his teacher too. I will try anything and hope that it works. Only time will tell. And hopefully he won't need forms of medication. I fear that a doctor will say "oh yeah he has ADHD and then put him on meds and a year later Xander will out grow the behavior or he will be able to control it better and I won't know cause he's all doped up on something.
It's just nice to have someone give me a little advice and some hope. I guess that's what it all boils down to!

7 comments:

Dan said...

I thought Irish Spring was medicine!

mom said...

So what was her advice? Please enlighten us.
Dan you only think that cause you never experienced it. Don't know what you missed.

Dan said...

Not true. I remember being soaped once. I had to sit on the dishwasher to get it. Then you gave me water in one of the little green tupperware cups to wash it down. I can't remember what I did, but there were two other kids there at the time, a boy and a girl, can't remember who though.

Nicole said...

Some people think Alekisio might have adhd too. Some days he's ok but sometimes after about an hour I want to pull my hair out. Since he's three though I'm hoping he'll outgrow it. I've looked into alternatives though. There's some natural stuff you can do like spirulina, or at a whole food store they might have something called Focus, I think that's what it's called. I have the same thoughts you do though that if he outgrows it we won't know becasue he's on medicine.

becky said...

At least it is better then "I don't know" and "good luck" for responses. I haven't hardly seen you since the weather has been colder.

Genevre said...

Wonderful! Jana is so smart! She knows everything...and I would hate to put kids on drugs at such a young age. Xander was really good in primary on Sunday, I did notice a difference.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Keri...Enjoy your new look..Where's the new look photo???

my blog
http://2good4nana.spaces.live.com/