Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thoughts from Xander

I just thought I would share somethings that Xander has told me over the past couple days. His imagination and thoughts put a smile on my face daily. So I thought I'd share a smile with you.

Ask Xander what he wants to be when he grows up and it will change weekly. Here are a few of his career choices.
1.-Transformer race car driver
2.-A shark so he can live under water.
3.-A dad
4.-A dinosaur digger
5.-A robber. Yes, a robber.
Hopefully what ever he chooses to be, he will love it and it will provide him much happiness and no prison time.


The other day Xander asked me, "Mom why are people bald?" I responded, "Because sometimes people just loose their hair." "It happens when people get older." He then smiled at me and said, "Grandpa must be real old then."

Keeping with the subject of grandparents. Please don't be offended mom. He asked me another time if he would have a cane to walk with when he gets older. I told him it all depends on if he needs it or not. To which he replied, "I'm going to get one so I can walk like grandma." I smiled and said, oh really, how does grandma walk? He then acted out as if he had a cane and moved from the living room slowly into the kitchen, lifting one foot at a time. It was truly funny to witness. He also wants a wheel chair so he can race grandma down the big hill we live on. He smiled and chuckled a little and said, I bet I will win.

Another conversation with Xander. "Mom, I know lots of stuff huh." Yes you do. "That's because I have lots of brains in my head and they're big. "And full of stuff I just know." "That makes me smart."

Yet, another conversation. "Mom, Did you know dinosaurs are xstinkt" Really, How did they become extinct? "Meteors hit the earth and killed them all."

And one more. Hopefully all of you might know the songs I will refer to. If not, look them up on the Internet or mom ask Katie for help.
One day while driving in the car a song by the Pussy Cat Dolls came on and It's titled, "I don't need a man." After the song was over, Xander said to me, " Mom, why is that girl singing about she doesn't need a bear." I have no clue why he heard bear but it was funny.
The other song was "Please Don't Stop the Music." by Rihanna. The chorus goes please don't stop the music, the music, the music. Please don't stop the music. My son was singing it, "Jesus got the music, the music, the music. Jesus got the music."

I love my little Xander for being him and for always making me smile.

2 comments:

mom said...

I would never be offended-just glad to be remembered in any way. As far as the w/c race-he would win for sure unless gpa was pushing! That would only happen if I lost my mind tho. Then you'd know where we'd been by the 'trail' I'd leave.

Missy said...

He's a cute kid Keri. How was his birthday?