Kind of a weird title I know but the story is one of shock and then love.
On this past Tuesday it started out as a typical morning. I got up, got Kenzie ready for school, ran around with a chicken with my head cut off. Dropped Kenz off and then loaded the boys into the stroller for my morning walk. The boys fought the whole time. They screamed and hit each other, all in the confines of a covered bike trailer stroller.Completely drove me crazy. They made the 6 miles H-E-double hockey sticks. By the time we made it home I was done with children. I got them lunch and just wanted to sit in semi-quiet. Did that happen-NO! As my wonderful son walked by I caught a whiff of ya know. The anger instantly boiled over. I marched his butt up stairs and screamed my head off. I lost it. I was in tears going on and on about him being a big boy and how come he crapped his pants. And I was not gentle wiping his booty.
After all this I said some not nice things and told him that I didn't want a son that can't use the potty.
Harsh trust me I know and now onto the lesson I learned. While all this was going on sirens and helicopters were flying over head. They were close enough that the pictures on the wall rattled. It turns out that while I was not liking and wanting my son, a few doors down my neighbor was loosing hers. He was Autistic and had extreme brain damage. On Tuesday afternoon he began seizureing and with all the medical experts and equipment on hand his mother held him in her arms as his body stopped shaking and calmed then he was gone. He slipped from this life back into the loving arms of our Father in Heaven. Had this mother known that when they woke up that 6 hours later her son would be dead would she have done anything different? Would she have made him his favorite breakfast? Would she have been more patient? Would she have held him a little longer?
When I realized what was happening I grabbed my son and held him tight and told him that I loved him. And I told him how sorry I was and that I am so glad he is my son. I would never have forgiven myself if the last words my son ever heard from me were words of anger and disappointment. This life is so precious and short that we need to treasure every moment and not focus on petty things and take every opportunity to tell those around us and in our lives how much we love them and how much they mean to us.
So to all of you reading this I love you and I am so thankful you are a part of me.
1 comment:
Wow, that's so sad! I don't even know what to say except I love you too, sis! I'm so sorry for your neighbors loss.
Post a Comment