This one is for all those who need a smile and good laugh.
This Sunday as I was pulling dinner out of the oven and everyone was sitting down. (we had Tyler's brother Nate and his wife Stephanie over) Xander came running into the kitchen screaming "I can't hear!" "I can't hear!" I calmly looked at him and said did you put something in there? He started crying and said "yes." "mom it won't come out." Upon closer examination we found the blockage. Sure enough there deep inside the ear canal was a beautiful little gold BB. Yes a BB.
OK. let's see, I can try and get it out or we can pay an emergency room co-pay on a Sunday evening. Doctor mom to the rescue. First attempt was a magnet to see if it was metal. Hopes were a strong magnet would pull it out. No luck! This sucker was in there. Second attempt was tweezers. Yes I stuck tweezers into my son's ear. I could feel the BB but couldn't open the tweezers wide enough to grab the BB. Think ,think, think, what could I use? I got it! I knew what to do. I needed a tool that could slip in there behind the BB and pop it out. Very carefully. I stress carefully. Tyler tipped his head and pulled his ear open while I with doctor like skills reached into his ear with a mini precision screwdriver. Yes, you read correctly. I used a screwdriver to pop a BB out of my son's ear. And it sure worked great! Out it came. Xander looked at it and said,"It's got ca ca on it."
Then, I held up a piece a chicken to the other ear and pulled out a T-Rex. OK the last part is false. I didn't hold chicken up to his ear, but we did check to see if a T-Rex was in it.
Then we all went on to enjoy a wonderful meal. With Xander hearing every word said.
3 comments:
HAHAHAHA! Funny kid! And ironic, b/c this weekend Calin had found this small BB type plastic thing and asked what would happen if he put it in his ear. At least now I know how to remove it should he actually put one in there. Thanks for the laugh.
I remember putting two plastic BB-like things in my nose once. Mom freaked! "Don't breathe in!"
wow, that kid will definatley keep you on your toes. Gotta love him!
Post a Comment